Kathryn had a sleepover at our local YMCA recently, when it was after-hours there. It was her first official Girl Scout event since joining this school year.
A total of 7 girls from her troop went with 6 of them sleeping over. I volunteered to stay the night there as well to help out the Troop Leader.
Oh my gosh! All these girls crammed into the YMCA means madness! But I think the girls had lots of fun.
The event started at 6.30pm. After a round of speeches and recognition of the girls’ efforts to bring in toys and wrapping paper to donate to orphans, the fun started.
Our troop quickly went over to the craft area, where old t-shirts were cut and sewed into a bag. Thank goodness we headed there pretty quickly because the line because quite long soon after.
The girls then got to decorate their bags with fabric pens.
The next event was highly anticipated by the girls – Swimming!
But they first had to pass a swimming test given by the YMCA lifeguard. Kathryn was initially worried she wouldn’t be able to thread water in a stationary place for 2 minutes. But she was so proud when she did it! It meant she could freely swim without a float and could go anywhere in the pool. I was also so proud of her. Those swimming lessons are paying off J
After swimming and showering, we participated in a few more small activities. Then it was time to get into our pajamas, and get ready for bed. I was sure ready for it.
Unfortunately, the organizers had planned for a movie night for the girls. Why would we let the girls stay at until midnight when they have to vacate the property by 7am the next morning?? Totally does not make sense.
Anyways, we watched Puss in Boots on the projector screen. It was quite funny.
Then we all tried to sleep. All I can say is that I miss my Aerobed when I go camping….
We all got woken up at 6am, to start packing up. Oh boy..
All in all, it was a fun experience. And I am glad that Kathryn has the opportunity to get to know her fellow Brownie troop members better.



2 comments:
Sounds like a fun event for Kathryn but tiring one for mommy!! :)
Yes it was! I think my back still has not recovered from sleeping on the floor. Ouch...
Post a Comment