We had a very nice 4th of July celebration this year. It was low-key yet quite fun.
The celebration actually started on the weekend when we watched the parade in our little town.
I was running like a crazy women with the 3 kids because we had rushed back from the city after picking up my aunt from the bus station there. She was supposed to have arrived the day before when we were in the city. So we missed the fire engines so by. I didn’t even notice they had already passed by until I read the local paper one day and saw pictures of them! Kat said she saw them passing by.
All in all it was a nice small hometown parade. The kids got a kick out of it. Chloe’s preschool actually participated, but because we were so late, we didn’t. And Chloe was so disappointed that we did not. She still talks about the fact that we were supposed to march in it and we didn’t.
I was surprised to see so many politicians there campaigning. Both of the nominees for the Congress seat for our district was actually in the parade and shaking hands with everyone. The democratic nominee was actually Joe Kennedy III, who is of course Robert Kennedy’s grandson. This is of course Massachusetts, the stomping grounds of the Kennedy family. And Franklin has apparently one of the largest Catholic communities in the state. Hubby was laughing at me because I got so excited I shook Joe Kennedy’s hand. Ok, maybe I did get slightly giddy that I really met a Kennedy.
There was a carnival at the Town Commons but I didn’t want to go there with the 3 kids by myself. Plus the skies were getting a little dark and was threatening to pour. And I was right, it did rain quite heavily soon after.





No comments:
Post a Comment